Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Emotionally driven writing

I don't write much despite the fact that my friends and family have told me quite often that I have that spark that not everyone has when it comes to writing. Its not that I don't want to. Its just that I have this permanent writer's block or something. I realised that I write only when I experience something deep on an emotional level.

This is something that I wrote right after we wont the T20 World Cup Final.

From the rampaging militants in the north, the IDPs, double-digit inflation figures, schools, hotels and masjids being bombed, to our President who was caught on camera drinking wine while representing the Islamic Republic of Pakistan.

Anarchy and chaos, it seems, has become and integral part of Pakistan’s existence, but our men have shown the world that we can still rise from these ashes.

But one wonders what a mere win can do. The joy that comes from a major win, spreads like wild fire across the hearts of many and forges bonds and eases pain, however momentarily. That radiating joy resonates in every Pakistani giving them that affirmation, that WE can do anything.

This is the day the world shall remember as the day our Pakistani cricket team brought home the T20 Cricket Worldcup and gave hope to Pakistanis of better days to come. Our country it seems, may always be in tumult, always on the edge, always in danger of being pushed to its margins, yet … they are always potential winners. Pakistan Zindabad!

3 comments:

  1. quite emotional and patriotic blog. YES!!! No doubt about it we can do anything. Just need a hard proper dhakka or jhatka. It also showed when in 2008 earthquake hit northern areas of Pakistan. All most every youngsters stand for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "don't write much despite the fact that my friends and family have told me quite often that I have that spark that not everyone has when it comes to writing"

    You are so humble haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heh - this was THE best day for us in terms of cricket, and the best celebrations ever! Mainly because we weren't old enough to feel something when we won the 1992 world cup final. :D

    ReplyDelete